I’ve been on a 21 day Fix kick for maybe 221 days. Crazy – I never stick to any
diet eating plan this long! I’ve flubbed and flopped all over the place, cheated with too many containers (especially the carb ones) and not done my workouts, but I keep coming back to the eating plan. If none of this is making sense, stick with me, there is good food coming. That’s the bottom line for me – I like the food – and I know I feel good when I eat well!
Now to the good stuff – grilled chicken! Just about every day I like to have a salad for lunch. But I need a large container of protein to go on top (about 3/4 of a cup). This could come in many forms but I love grilled chicken. I have found a fairly easy way to make it, even at the last minute, which is how I operate in life. Not much gets done ahead of time in my house, so it has to be easy to prepare quickly!
This is how to go from frozen chicken tenderloins to tender and juicy cooked chicken in 15 -20 minutes. I usually cook enough for 2 days, but my kids tend to steal the cooked chicken for their lunches. Sigh. I guess they are eating well with me.
Easy Grilled Chicken
A quick way to make tasty grilled chicken from frozen tenderloins
- frozen chicken tenderloins
- aluminum foil
- non-stick cooking spray
- seasoning of choice
- On one sheet of aluminum foil, spray a light coat of non-stick cooking spray
- Sprinkle on seasoning of choice. (i.e.: everyday seasoning, S&P, garlic salt, or Italian seasoning)
- Place frozen chicken tenderloins on foil
- Sprinkle with a bit more seasoning
- Place an additional sheet of aluminum foil on top and fold over edges to make a packet
- Place on BBQ grill on medium and close the lid.
- Set timer for 10-15 minutes and check for doneness. – OPTIONAL: Place on a cookie sheet and put into a 350-degree oven for approx 20 min.
- Slice and enjoy! – Be sure to save the juice from the meat in any leftovers as it will keep the chicken from drying out.
Can you tell I’m a Trader Joe’s type of girl? Oh – and Target too!